Saturday, March 5, 2016

Side Project

A side project 'elbowed' it's way into my plans over the past week. I had previously sharpened all my wood turning tools and returned them to the cardboard box I got them in last May from Roy in Eagle, ID. I have used them a few times in my rod making and ferrule plug project, then back into the cardboard box... banging against each other...

I had enough of the 'cardboard' management so decided it was time to build a caddy of sorts to hold and transport them. I use them in the garage/shop as well as in the rod room, so they needed to be mobile yet 'managed'.

I looked online for different build ideas, and didn't see exactly what I had in my minds eye. I decided to draw out what I wanted, and from that plan I made the caddy that lives today. Made of 1/2'' dimensional wood.





 Testing some drilling operations.
 It took three different drilling operations for each indention for the base of the tools.


 Pieces completed and held together with clamps.


 Extra hole is for future tool or two.

 Completed except for some finishing.






 

No comments: